You’ve booked your fishing charter and are ready to go. What do you need to take on the trip? Most of the items we recommend are for comfort and protection during your Tampa, St.Petersburg, St. Pete Beach and Clearwater inshore or deep-sea fishing charters.
Be prepared for changing weather conditions during various times of the day. Layered clothing is an excellent choice, as mornings are cooler and late afternoons are hotter. Always be ready for the occasional rain shower that might roll in. The time of year will also have a bearing on your fishing attire. Your charter Captain will be able to give you the most recent weather conditions just prior to your trip. Don’t forget to ask!
Proper protection from the sun is essential for an enjoyable day on the water. Protective clothing and proper sun screening products make all the difference. The sun’s direct rays, and the sun’s reflection off the water, can be very dangerous for your skin, even when you are under shade. Be smart, no sunburns please.
Food and Drinks
The Captain will supply bottled water, ice, and a cooler for your trip. You are welcome to bring food and drinks, including alcoholic beverages.
Essential Items to Consider when Packing for Your Inshore or Deep-Sea Fishing Charters:
- Non-skid rubber sole shoes are highly recommended
- Dress in light colored clothing as to not retain heat on hot days
- Lightweight micro-fiber long sleeve shirts to protect arms from the sun are optimum
- Take your favorite hat (wide brimmed is the most protection)
- Short pants when warm, long when cool
- Waterproof windbreaker for possible rain and cool mornings
- Swimsuit, as you never know when you’ll get the urge for a refreshing dip
- Polarized sun glasses to protect your eyes, cut the glare and to see fish better
- Sunscreen and lip balm that protect from UVA and UVB rays
- Seasickness medication if you’re prone to seasickness
- Bug spray for inshore fishing by the mangroves
- Hand sanitizer if you don’t want to smell like bait
- Waterproof bag or back pack for your personal items
- Camera or smartphone to record your trophy catch