A lot of people are concerned that it’s not a good time to go fishing around St. Pete Beach, Clearwater and Tampa in the aftermath of Hurricane Ian. But the truth is, it’s better than ever!
If you’re interested in booking a Florida fishing charter after Hurricane Ian, CALL or TEXT: (727) 433-4200 today.
Safe and Open for Business
YACHTFISH Fishing Charters is open for business and as always, safe! Hurricane Ian caused chaos in some southerly locations on the west coast of Florida, but as you likely know, Tampa, St. Petersburg and Clearwater were spared.
The waters and hot spots we take our Guests to are clear, safe and full of hungry fish. The docks we depart from and our state-of-the-art fishing vessels have not skipped a beat, and luckily were not affected by Hurricane Ian!
Have Your Plans Been Impacted This Fall and Winter?
If your plans need to change due to the unfortunate situation in Southwest Florida, YACHTFISH Fishing Charters can help. The St. Pete, Tampa and Clearwater area provide not only incredible beach destinations, attractions and fabulous accommodations, but is also the epicenter for great fishing.
Here are some of the top-rated attractions in our area:
- St Pete Beach: The #1 Rated Beach in the U.S., with pristine, white sands, emerald waters and beautiful accommodations.
- Caladesi Island State Park: An untouched Gulf Coast gem, accessible only by boat!
- Fort De Soto Beach Park: 1,136 acres of five interconnected islands. Featuring sand bars that are perfect for kids and plenty of history.
- Clearwater Beach: Stunning sugary sands, hotels, restaurants and fun activities.
- Honeymoon Island State Park: A natural barrier island with stunning white sand and relaxing diverse nature trails.
- The Florida Aquarium: USA Today’s #3 US Aquarium. Includes large simulated wetlands, coral reef ecosystems, splash pads, play zones and a 4D Theater.
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium: Want something different from the usual ‘theme park’ type Aquarium? This place is dedicated to rescuing, rehabilitation and release of injured or sick marine animals.
Other Top Attractions
- Splash Islands Water Park: Massive twisty slides, bars, restaurants, splash zones and winding rivers. Guaranteed fun for all!
- Busch Gardens: Tampa’s 335-acre, African-themed family entertainment and adventure park. Featuring a safari, thrill rides, live music and beautiful exotic animals.
- Raymond James Stadium: NFL fan? Why not come down here and go behind the scenes with a tour of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ home stadium?
Fishing Better Than Ever After Hurricane Ian
The storm certainly stirred things up on the Gulf Coast, but it seems to have brought out even more hungry fish than ever! The bite is hot. Our targeted hot spots are very active and new ones have actually been created closer to shore.
The ecosystem has already returned to its normal haunts, as the water is clear and attracting hungry fish and birdlife!
We’re seeing swarms of Snook, Gag Grouper, King Mackerel, Spotted Sea Trout, Red Fish and more!
Yes, there were initial concerns over possible water quality and debris, but that turned out to be a non-event in Tampa, St. Pete Beach and Clearwater. The water is clear and safe!
Southwest Florida Fishing Industry Takes a Hit
Having been severely impacted by Hurricane Ian, our southerly neighbors in Ft. Myers, Punta Gorda,Sannabel and Naples are struggling with recovery. We feel the pain with them, as no one is exempt from mother nature.
But fear not, up here in Tampa, St. Pete Beach and Clearwater, we are extremely fortunate to be out on the water every day and we count our blessings for that. And as always, we guarantee to catch fish on every trip!
Come to St. Pete Beach, Clearwater and Tampa for Vacation
Have you had to cancel your vacation in affected locations, because of Hurricane Ian damage?
No worries! The beautiful areas of St. Pete Beach, Tampa and Clearwater are great vacation alternatives. We’ve got the Number 1 ranked beach in the U.S.! Our airports, hotels and attractions are all open!
There are loads of things to do with kids, and our fishing charters can be the highlight of your trip. We’ll take you out onto the water for an unforgettable experience, where you will see incredible fish, sea birds, sunsets, mansions and so much more.
Fishing is Hurricane Therapy!
Getting back out into nature is a great way to reconnect and relax after a hurricane. If you or your kids felt a bit shaken up by the hurricane, then getting back out into one of Florida’s finest offerings can be an effective refresher.
Replace that fear and anxiety with new, uplifting memories by seeing the stunning marine life and sea birds up close!
So why not book a fishing charter, make some great memories and eat your delicious fresh catch after it’s prepared by a local restaurant?
What Fish Can I Catch in Florida Now?
Here’s a quick low down on what trophy fish you can catch on our Florida fishing charters post Ian:
- Grouper: (Including Gag Grouper, Red Grouper, Scamp and Goliath Grouper!)
- Sea Bass
- Red Fish
And much more!
Why Go Fishing With Your Kids?
Fishing is great for everyone! Our fishing charters are perfect for kids. They’ll learn about nature and marine life, while building their bravery and team skills. They’ll also learn how to be patient, work together and follow directions.
These experiences teach valuable life lessons and are fantastic for bonding with friends and family. Out on the water, it’s just about you and your family – no phones or distractions! There’s really nothing like it.
TLDR, Fishing Post Hurricane Ian:
- Water quality is being closely monitored and is currently good to go fishing!
- It’s safe!
- A great way to reconnect with nature and therapize after Ian!
- Birdlife is plentiful !
- The waters are clear!
- Bites and catching are very good!
- Inshore fishing has fared well, despite the powerful winds!
- Old hot spots have been joined by new exciting locations.
- Artificial rifts have been shifted.
- Snapper and hungry fish are being found all over ledges, structures and rock piles!
- Snapper, Barracuda, Shark and Cobia are all hot!
Book a Florida Fishing Charter Now
Are you interested in an exciting way to reconnect with your loved ones and nature after Hurricane Ian? Our private fishing charters can be the perfect answer. Whether you’re looking for a heart-pounding adventure or a more relaxing experience, we’ll make it happen.
We cater to all ages and skills, so let’s go fishing!
CALL or TEXT YachtFish today at (727) 433-4200 to book a private Fishing Charter in St. Pete Beach, FL!